Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wintergirls part 2

While reading the second half of Wintergirls  I still really enjoy it, but parts of it really caught me off guard me out a bit. It continues on with the idea that Cassie's ghosts appears, which they say only comes out at night. The girls all try to get rid of this ghosts by doing different activities. Emma takes sleeping pills or will workout until she is completely exhausted and Lia will sleep with her stepsister. During Cassie's funeral, Lia says that she sees the passed away Cassie sit up in her casket and eat something. Lia said that she was eating a piece of green see-glass, which is something used to tell the future. That is the part that completely freaked me out and caught me off guard. I was not expecting that to happen in the novel this far because it is just something I would not except in the way the book is written. Lia ends up developing a very interesting relationship with Elijah and she buys him food and she does not believe that he will judge her for anything she does for him or herself. Reflecting on that now I think it is nice that she does that for him, but at the same time it just seems weird that she thinks that he would judge her even though she does so much for him. As the novel goes on it will be interesting to see how it continues since parts have already caught me off guard. I still really enjoy this book and even hope to finish it this week or weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Every post I've read on this book is so powerful, this sounds like a must read! It sounds so eerie, how the girls are trying to escape the ghost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghosts would freak me out too! I want to keep reading your blog to find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it crazy how she sits up in her casket? Creepy

    ReplyDelete