Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ending to Wintergirls

The end of Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson is very interesting and intense. The ending of the novel is that Lia is eating the green lollipop and the sugar is making her strong and allowing her to think about her future. She then calls her mom and talks about not answering Cassie's phone calls and also lets her mom know where she is. Later, an ambulance is called for Lia and they have to take her to the hospital by ambulance, but when she is in the ambulance her heart stops beating. While reading this I was freaking out to myself and even telling my roommate about what was going on. I was so surprise what was going on and if Lia would live or not....she ends up surviving in the ambulance. Lia is trying to rebuild the relationship with her family, while she is trying to recover from her treatment. She really was working hard to fix everything that was going on and bothering her. I felt bad for her because so much was going on with her family and she had to go through the death of Cassie. Overall, I thought this book was good. I would recommend this book to most people it is book though that you have to enjoy this type of material.

2 comments:

  1. This book is going on my list, sounds so good! I like that this novel appears to tackle heavier themes related to food, we need more books like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really good!! I will have to put this on my 'after college' reading list! I am glad you enjoyed it and I am looking forward to hearing more about it in class tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete