Monday, March 17, 2014

Wintergirls



The novel that sounded most interesting to me is called Wintergirls written by Laurie Halse Anderson. This novel is directed for young adults and is focued on a story about a girl named Lia. She is only eighteen years old in the beginning of the book and is dealing with a personal issue with is....anorexia nevorsa. Lia has a good friend named Cassie they have been extremely close friends for ten years now and Cassie is bulimic. One night she tried to call Lia a large number of number of time and Lia never answered her phone calls. That night night Cassie ended up passing away. Just thinking about that made me realize that even in today’s society there are so many people who are fighting with these problems. It still is happening every where in the world. I am sure people know people that are struggling with this problem and it is on the news and in newspapers frequently. I know people from my high school who are a year younger than me and are struggling with anorexia and being bulimic. It is just sad because all these people are great its just upsetting to see them have to go through this. So far though I really enjoy this book and very pleased I picked it! 

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds really interesting! I might need to read this on my own time

    ReplyDelete