Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mon Jin Lau

This past weekend I went home to see my my dog, my brother, and my parents. One night we were unsure on where to go for dinner and I suggested trying this restaurant called Mon Jin Lau, which is right by my house and we always hear how good it is. The inside of the restaurant was very small and dark it had a few tables and a small bar. The food on their menu was a combination of both Chinese and Japanese dishes. Their dishes are larger, so you are supposed to pick a few depending on how many people you are with and all share. Since, my family eats Chinese food a lot we decided we would try some of the Japanese dishes. We got two different types of Sushi dishes one was called the "Classic Roll" and that had tuna, avocado, and cucumber. The second one that we ordered was the "New York Roll" and that had smoked salmon, apple, and avocado. My brother does not like Sushi at all so he got chicken fried rice. I tried each type of dish and ended up really not liking either dish at all...I never liked seafood and that type of food plus I already am a very picky eater, so for me to go and try something completely new was hard. I am glad I got this opportunity because I was some what forced to try new food, but I am done now trying new food for awhile! My dad really enjoyed it because he loves Sushi and my mom was in the same situation as me and ended up not enjoying it. I would completely recommend this restaurant to anyone they have great food and a large menu as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment