Thursday, April 3, 2014

Food Within Video Games

I would just like to start this blog out by thanking Casey and Joe about doing such a great and informational presentation about food and video games! To be honest I never ever would have thought that the topic of food would some how appear in video games. I have a younger brother who is 16 almost 17 and has been playing games for years now. Also, my younger cousin who is 11 almost 12 also plays video games. My younger cousin has been playing for awhile now, so his parents let him play at a young age. First off, I do not think all kids should be able to play these violent games at a young age or all the time. I believe they are way to violent for them and even older teens. During the presentation it really kept me interested in the different ways that food is incorporated into video games. I really liked the Cluckin  bell commercial. I even watched them again on youtube with my roommates and they thought I was completely crazy! I talked to my brother for a long time on the phone yesterday about this whole topic of food within video games and he was some what useless at first because he told me I had no idea what I was talking about and in the end he ended up agreeing with me. He never realized how food was incorporated into games and thought it was really interesting. I even sent him the video clips of Cluckin bell and he thought they were hilarious. Over all, I wish I knew more of the video games out there and how they incorporate food, but I learned a lot of useful information from this presentation and will be sure to tell my brother more about it when I am home for summer if he wants to hear more or not I'm telling him about it anyways, since he does play those games constantly!

3 comments:

  1. I agree - I never would have thought that food and video games would relate to one an other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I must agree with you also, I wouldn't have connected food and video games either. But now that I know more about these games, I see that they are putting out an even bigger message, they address a lot of different controversial topics in games like Grand Theft Auto. The food industry is definitely a huge topic of discussion now and was even back in the 1920's when The Jungle was written...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Allen brought this idea out, Joe and I instantly jumped on board. Joe knew of GTA, but I didn't know anything about food and video games, only racism in video games. This was a learned experience for me too, even though I am an experience gamer. And it was insane for me to look back in these games I've played and realize just how horrible the content can be.

    ReplyDelete